A Lovely Waste of Space
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....., )

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anime Shows

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Yep, Wicked just made another anime thread.

I am a firm believer that there is an anime for everyone, you just have to be willing to try it. So tell me what you like; action, romance, comedy, drama, or even if you're a jack-of-all-trades, and I will find an anime for you.

Come on, you know you want to!
Anime Shows 17
Back to top Go down
http://www.theelysianfields.org/portal.php
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:39 am

I watch Inuyasha religiously. I read manga religiously, but I've found I tend to fall into the shoujo category. So, I'm a sucker for romance. I also love some comedy mixed into it. One of my all time favorite classics of shoujo would have to be Boys Before Flowers. The manga, the anime, and even the tv drama Japan produced and the remake that Korea made...I love it. Very Happy I also like Skip Beat, Bleach, Vampire Knight (I adore vampires....duh), Ouran High School Host Club, and of course I had to list Sailor Moon simply because it was the first anime I ever saw. I also watched Digimon when I was little, but after season 2, I stopped since they killed it.

And that's all I can think of at the moment. But, I adore anime and manga. Smile The Asians come up with all the good story lines that the Americans lack. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://lonelyruler.tumblr.com/
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:55 pm

w00t! Another Inuyasha fan!! Sailor Moon was my first serious anime series, but before that I watched Speed Racer and G-Force. At one point I had everyone on my site hooked on Vampire Knight lol.

Bleach is the best! I can't wait for the anime to come out of fillers! Kubo-san writes really slowly though. I'm not much of a manga reader. I did start reading Inuyasha after the show ended so that I could see the real ending and I read Vampire Knight before it was an anime, but usually I'm strictly anime.

So do you like subs or dubs better? And did you see the last few fights in Bleach!?
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Subs. All the way. The anime was created with specific characters with specific styles, and the original voices are what make it the character it was meant to be. Dubs just annoy me, personally.

Unfortunately, I haven't really gotten into watching Bleach simply because I've been reading the manga and I'm like...oh I don't know...200 chapters behind?? XD And the anime, it's even worse. I saw the first few episodes, but got a bit overwhelmed since I'm such a manga whore. So...yeah.... :/

VK is awesome. However, the most recent chapters released from Japan that I read online are not to my liking. Now that the suspense is over...what else can the author bring that I haven't seen before? Sad But it does make me a little excited to see what can happen...I dunno. XD

I haven't read the manga for Inuyasha yet. I'm almost done watching all of the episodes I could salvage online. Very Happy Is it anything like the anime, or was the anime a different take from the manga?
Back to top Go down
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Luckily I'm a rare breed of anime fan who can watch both dubs and subs. The only anime I watch in subs exclusively is Naruto Shippuuden, and the only reason for that is because for some weird reason the universe decided to tip on it's side. Disney XD got Shippuuden and they have totally bastardized it. We're talking missing scenes and pillow soft language! They don't even say, "I'll kill you!" anymore. I wish AdultSwim had gotten it...

The Bleach anime is amazing! I agree that those first 15 or so episodes are odd but they're mostly to build up background story. Once it gets into the Soul Society arch it's awesome! I even got my mom to watch Bleach and like it! That's a big deal because my mom hates any anime that isn't old school speed racer and G-Force. She liked Inuyasha too but when the anime cut off before the story ended, it made her so mad lol!

Speaking of Inu-chan. The manga syncs up to the anime wonderfully! I think Takahashi-san realized that she had to do that for the fans. Last year they announced that Inuyasha got the green light to continue the anime! They're already releasing episodes, it's called "The Final Chapter". I'm waiting for the dub because Inuyasha is the only anime I can't watch in subs. His Japanese voice just hurts my ears!
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Really? I adore Inuyasha's Japanese voice. The way his Japanese vowels roll in a certain way that I just do NOT hear from other animes fascinates me. XD But, I am an English major and I happen to have a fetish for foreign languages...so I pay attention to accents and stuff. Wink

I don't mind dubs, but usually once I've heard the original voice with subs, I can't listen to the dubs. Sailor Moon, I listened to the dubs first, and when I heard the subs, my ears bled. And with Hellsing, I heard the subs first and the dubs just killed me. Although, when I heard Victoria's voice on the dubs, I giggled since I know it's set in London, but it's a Japanese drama. lol! It was ROFLing. XD

I really do hope to get into the Bleach anime though. I just want to get waaaay ahead in the manga so I can watch the episodes and get a clearer view on the manga fight scenes. That is one thing that is soooo unsatisfying with manga. I get a few still frames of "WOOSH" "CLANG" and other sfx's...and then Oh...he won. Go figure. In the anime, I can actually see it happen and it's INTENSE. Very Happy

As for Inuyasha actually continuing...I did not know that. ^_^ I'm soooo excited now!!! I really want to read the manga though just because I've always known there was more to the manga than the anime anyway, lol. I just can't find any place to read it online. I'm a certified member of the BCSU. (Broke College Students United) Therefore, I cannot afford to buy all the manga...however much I wish I could anyway. XD
Back to top Go down
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:49 pm

I need to join BCSU! I never have money thanks to tuition and books! I read the Inuyasha manga on OneManga but they had to take it down because of copyright issues. It'll be hard to find now on the big manga sites.

I saw Hellsing Ultimate on Starz in English but they only showed the first 3 so I went looking for it in subs and it was good! I think Inuyasha and Shippuuden are my only two pet peeves. Inu has to be in English and Shippuden has to be in Japanese. i also started collecting boxsets a couple years ago. Being a broke college student slows me down though. It took a year and a half but I finally got all of Inuyasha!

All my other ones are still incomplete though and it takes such a long time to release boxsets that they'll probably be that way for a while. Before the boxsets it was wallscrolls but I don't have anymore wall to hang more lol.

Over the bed
Anime Shows Room001

Over the bookcase
Anime Shows Room002

Door and closet
Anime Shows Room003
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:57 pm

You have no idea as to how jealous I am right now. I was so pissed when I saw you had not only the boxset of Inuyasha, but also a wall scroll....of Sesshomaru AND Inuyasha....Oh boy. XD But, then I was all....how freaking fantastic is thaaaat????? I then I was like...oh I want that soooo baaaad. XD I swear I am not suffering from split personalities or bi-polarism. Laughing

Seriously though. I am jealous. I wish I could buy all of that, but alas I still live with the rents since I am also too broke to move out and my rents don't have enough money to help pay for an apartment either. I pretty much pay for college with their help and whatever I make from working while in school, I use to pay for my things so my rents won't have to. It works out pretty well, but with how the economy is going (belly up) I don't see a break coming any time soon. As a matter of fact, this summer, I'm going to have no choice but to work two jobs this summer so I can save money like crazy to buy my own car so I won't have to share a car with my little sister anymore. -_-

OneManga used to have it? Damn. I use OneManga aaaaall the time. I just started using their beta site recently and I like it since it saves my favorite mangas and sends me e-mails when they're updated. Saves me time from having to check them all every week. XD I guess I could camp out at Barnes & Noble/Books-A-Million every week and read one book then move on to the next, ect. *sighs* It's going to be tough now. Sad

Worst case, I'll have to buy each book separately through Amazon or something and build up my collection piece by piece as the funds build.
Back to top Go down
carcinoGeneticist

carcinoGeneticist

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:53 pm

Higurashi no naku koro ni and Elfen lied. Oh how I love my never heard of shows and bands. Really, Elfen lied has the best story I've ever seen, and Higurashi just fucks your head up. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:29 pm

FOUND IT!!! Online Inuyasha manga scans all the way to the last chapter (I believe) Smile

http://www.mangareader.net/226/inuyasha.html
Back to top Go down
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:53 am

Eekaboo wrote:
You have no idea as to how jealous I am right now. I was so pissed when I saw you had not only the boxset of Inuyasha, but also a wall scroll....of Sesshomaru AND Inuyasha....Oh boy. XD But, then I was all....how freaking fantastic is thaaaat????? I then I was like...oh I want that soooo baaaad. XD I swear I am not suffering from split personalities or bi-polarism. Laughing

Seriously though. I am jealous. I wish I could buy all of that, but alas I still live with the rents since I am also too broke to move out and my rents don't have enough money to help pay for an apartment either. I pretty much pay for college with their help and whatever I make from working while in school, I use to pay for my things so my rents won't have to. It works out pretty well, but with how the economy is going (belly up) I don't see a break coming any time soon. As a matter of fact, this summer, I'm going to have no choice but to work two jobs this summer so I can save money like crazy to buy my own car so I won't have to share a car with my little sister anymore. -_-

OneManga used to have it? Damn. I use OneManga aaaaall the time. I just started using their beta site recently and I like it since it saves my favorite mangas and sends me e-mails when they're updated. Saves me time from having to check them all every week. XD I guess I could camp out at Barnes & Noble/Books-A-Million every week and read one book then move on to the next, ect. *sighs* It's going to be tough now. Sad

Worst case, I'll have to buy each book separately through Amazon or something and build up my collection piece by piece as the funds build.

You're like my soul sister! I still live at home too! I live about 10 minutes away from campus so I didn't need to take out another student loan and pay the school a couple of extra thousand to move 10 minutes away. All my friends from high school did the same thing. Moving out is just too expensive right now.

I bought the wallscrolls and boxsets myself but I used eBay for all the wallscrolls so they were very cheap. The boxsets are another story but I used eBay and got some from Wal-Mart. Inuyasha was the most expensive because there are 7 of them and the last one was priced so high! It costs so much because it's the very last season. I argued with myself for a whole day before finally clicking the link and ordering it. I was afraid it would sell out if I waited for the price to drop. It costed me somewhere around $60 with shipping and handling.

I have the first 4 Naruto boxsets and got the majority of those from Wal-Mart so they were cheap.

I got the first 5 Dragonball Z boxsets from eBay and Wal-Mart and one was a gift from a friend.

The first 3 Bleach boxsets. There are 4 out right now but I refused to waste my money on the 4th because it's all filler episodes.

And that's it! I'm done with Inuyasha until the final chapter episodes come out on boxset so I'm just working on completeing those three right now. I also collect Miyazaki movies. I have Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, and my mom got me Spirited Away as a b-day present a few years ago. Now I need Ponyo lol!

Getting a job in my town is so hard because all the high school and college students are looking for work too and there aren't enough jobs to go around. I use my refund money from tuition. I make sure I buy my books and everything I need for classes first and the rest goes to feed my anime obsession. If I could control myself and save my money I would probably be half-way to a car by now lol!

My mom is great though. She thinks my anime obsession is cute and weird. She got me thise for Christmas to carry my books in.

Anime Shows Nfl853

You found the manga yay!! Now read it before it disappears! I can give you some great anime recommendations too if you want! Have you seen Fullmetal Alchemist? I absolutely love that series, as evident by the wallscroll lol. I recommend watching it in English, only because the English dub was so highly praised and the voice actors won awards. There's also Soul Eater which is awesome! That one should be watched in subs because right now there are only 4 english episodes out.

Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 1

Soul Eater Episode 1
Back to top Go down
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:54 am

carcinoGeneticist wrote:
Higurashi no naku koro ni and Elfen lied. Oh how I love my never heard of shows and bands. Really, Elfen lied has the best story I've ever seen, and Higurashi just fucks your head up. A lot.

I've heard of Elfen Lied but never seen it. I need to try it though because so many people rec it.
Back to top Go down
scissorsbeatpaper

scissorsbeatpaper

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Well this is exciting. My inner anime/manga whore has never felt more at home. =D

Do you guys have any tips for keeping with an agonizingly long anime?
Because the most epic ones are, but I get bored when they start showing fillers.

Btw, Erika, I can't stand dubbing either. For the ones I've seen, the dialogue gets so 'mellowed', it's just very annoying.
Back to top Go down
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Ahhhh! You're in what I like to call, "The Filler Forest"! It's true long anime need fillers for a very good reason but they are boring and not only that, they shame the characters.

My advice? Skip them. Whenever the fillers start up I just leave the anime alone. Both Bleach and Naruto Shippuuden are in fillers right now and have been for a while. I just go find new anime and watch those in the time being, that's what lead me to Soul Eater and Witchblade.
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:16 pm

OMFG. XD I love it. I don't know if you know this, but we elders created a family tree with the TTS forum and I have a lost twin from birth who is Athena here. And Britt and Sara are my cousins, and I have my Aussie cousin Minny as well. XD You could be my soul sister. XD It's perfect. Laughing

I live 10 minutes from campus too, actually. I share my parents old mini van with my little sister who just started college this year. This is her second semester, but it may be her last, lol. She's not doing too well and in order to stay under this roof, I have to keep a 3.0 GPA, which applies for my sister too. She has a 2.6 at the moment and if she doesn't make all A's and B's this semester, she's screwed. So, once I get a car, I will then start saving like crazy for an apartment or small condo that I can share with 1 or 2 more people. It depends on where life takes me I guess. *shrug*

I can understand the whole job thing. I hate my job. I work at Sonic and am a roller skating waitress, also known as a car hop. I've been roller skating since I was 3 years old and I love it. I am actually in the process of finding a local roller derby and joining. Very Happy I think it'd be freaking fantastic if I actually got in. But, anyways, although I have an unnatural passion about roller skating, I still work with the most corrupt jack asses in history. I've been looking for a replacement job for half a year now. Unfortunately, no one wants to hire a girl who can only work Wednesday and Friday from 10:30 am to whenever and Saturday and Sunday at any time. Monday is my long day at campus and I like to have my night free for homework. Tuesday and Thursday are not so long, but I go to the gym on those days with my workout buddy, and I like having that time. So...yeah. But, still 4 days out of the week.....I think I should be ok to go, but no one wants to hire me since it implies I have previous engagements that rank higher than some idiots business. -_- Whatev. I'm still working 2 jobs in the summer...it's just I will most likely be at Sonic either during the night or day and another job...whatever that will be.

I wish I could do that with my money. It's just....I am soooo good at talking myself out of buying things. Even things I need...like shoes. I'll always come up with some lame excuse like "There's a caulking gun in the back...and some masking tape....I don't need new shoes..." *facepalm* Same goes with my manga/anime obsession. I talk myself out of it. And there's the fact my mom, unlike yours, does not like my anime fetish. She thinks it's strange and creepy and tells me to grow up. -_-* Buuuuut, the way I see it is, I am an adult and can do as I please...once I leave her house, lol. I respect her boundaries and requirements all for a free roof and food. And for now, that's ok. Once I move out, I hope I won't go too crazy and blow all my $$$ on my obsessions. That would be baaaad. Neutral Shocked

Did I ever tell you have another true love in the form of Howl's Moving Castle??? When I saw that movie....I swear I rented it for a month straight and watched it every day. I found the soundtrack online at some Japanese site (let me tell ya, that was a HARD site to navigate) but it costs sooooo much money to buy it since it has to be shipped all the way from Japan. Sad Oh...I'm a soundtrack junkie btw....just a another tid bit of info about moi. ^_^ I adore all the Miyazaki films. XD I saw Spirited Away when I was like....12? I can't remember but it was a looong time ago and I remember thinking it was so amazing. And then I found out about how Disney worked with Miyazaki and helped spread his films to America and I have seen Princess Mononoke as well. I haven't seen any of the others, I'm afraid to say, but that will soon change, of course. *insert evil laughter here*
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Oh, and another thing...your bag is EPIC. XD I love it. ^_^
Back to top Go down
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:26 pm

I LOVE talking to you!! ~huggles~

I think working around food is the only thing I would feel uncomfortable doing. I just don't think other people's food is safe in my hands. I would drop it, get something in it, or anything worse lol.

I'm sorry your mom doesn't understand the anime love. I think my mom understands because she likes old school anime and I get all happy and excited when I talk about it lol she thinks it's cute. Well cute in an exhausting kind of way. Usually when I start talking about anime she'll roll her eyes or tell me to be quiet because she can't understand anything I'm saying. Example;

Me: Mom, Naruto Uzumaki is a gennin from The Villege Hidden in the Leaves and he wants to be Hokage some day. When he was a baby they sealed this nine-tailed fox demon up inside his body and-

Mom: Stop! ~gets a tired expression~ Why is there always so much about these people!?

LMAO! If it's not Bleach or Inuyasha, she doesn't want to hear about it! A couple of years ago for Christmas I bought her the first Speed Racer DVD, it had the first ten episodes I think? I thought she was going to hug me to death! Since then I've gotten her the first 4 so she's got almost all of Speed Racer. Those DVDs are so cheap!! You would think they would cost more for such an old anime but we're talking like $10 at Wal-Mart Online!

I also got her Battle of the Planets with G-Force. I don't know what it was but when I bought these for her it's like she got the same sickness as me. She started wanting all her favorite old cartoons on DVD and went wild! Space Ghost and the Galaxy Trio, Ultra Man, and more! Right now she's dying for Johnny Quest.

So she can't really say anything to me about my obsession lol.

Don't feel bad! I didn't know I was watching Miyazaki at first. I saw Spirited Away way back when it came on Pay-Per-View. I saw the promo and thought, "That looks cool!" I was young, about the same age as you. My mom let me order it and I loved it! Didn't see it again for years after that. They started showing Princess Mononoke on Starz in 2002. I watched it and liked it, and again didn't see it again for years after Starz stopped playing it.

It wasn't until my senior year of high school (2005) when a friend let me borrow some of her anime DVDs that I finally saw them again and learned they were by the same man. From that moment on I was a Miyazaki fan! She also let me borrow Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, LOVE LOVE that movie! She had to make me give them all back to her. She also had Akira on DVD, and while I won't say I loved the movie, the animation was boss!

Anyway, in 2006 I believe it was; the TCM channel decided to celebrate Miyazaki's birthday and show his best movies in English one day and then in subs the next. I did not leave my room I tell you! That was the first time I saw Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (still need to get that one), and Porco Rosso!

I was in love with his work. Those were the good ol' days! I had no school because I had graduated and I was able to stay up all night watching the marathon. Good stuff! they didn't show Kiki's Delivery Service but I had already seen that one on Disney so many times.

~sigh~ I can't wait until school stops stressing me out so I can go back to anime!

Gaara and I say thank you!
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:31 am

Aw! You made me blush. XD I'd have to say the feeling is mutual, lol. It's hard to find another anime freak where I'm from who is as enthusiastic about it. I have a few friends who dabble into the anime world, but...truth be told, it's almost as if they're too afraid to immerse themselves into it and embrace it. I mean, really, there's no difference between the obsessive Harry Potter (or Twilight) fan from an anime fan...it's just anime fans happen to be more articulate. Rolling Eyes Wink

What I think about my mom and her reactions to my preferences in animation is that it's silly. She loves Speed Racer as well, and when my parents were newlyweds, they would stay up late watching Transformers and other cartoons that came on late at night. So....truth be told, perhaps my mom is just worried I'll become too obsessive. I have a bad habit in my part of the world that when I obsess....I obsess. I was obsessed with Phantom of the Opera throughout all of high school. I even had a rose added to my class ring to dedicate it to Michael Crawfod and Gerard Butler, the two most magnificent Phantom's to ever walk this earth. *sighs dreamily* Back to reality.....I used to sing the broadway version soundtrack every day, twice a day, and read the lyrics in between my classes. XD I even covered my room in printed off pictures of the broadway and movie scenes. I was ridiculous. *facepalm* But, hey, what can I say?...I loved it. Very Happy So, my mom holding me back from becoming truly obsessed with anime is kind of a good thing. XD

I do have a little sister who JUST started high school and she is the ONLY person in this family who loves anime as much as I do. But, she's starting to go more goth like and so she reads only the dark anime that deals with vampires and fairies and stuff. I'm an all around anime kind of gal and I love to watch all types of anime (and read all types of manga)...except for the sexually explicit ones. Those, I shy away from since I like to think of myself at least a little innocent. Like a Star @ heaven But having a little sister who shares in this isn't enough. And I have a baby bro who's only 7 who adores Speed Racer and Sonic the hedgehog. *facepalm* My dad is the dork of the family who was the skinny little dork boy who was sickly pale and always had a chess set, Dungeons and Dragons game set, and massive stacks of comic books in his room at all times. Yep. That's my dad. Smile So, he's the main reason as to how I discovered anime in the first place. I wanted to read comics, couldn't find any, but found manga instead. And ta-da....enter Sailor Moon on television and I was set for life. ^_^

Now I just feel the need to find these other movies you've mentioned. *sighs* My summer is going to be filled with reading, watching, buying, all things anime. XD I'm behind, lol. Besides, I'm going to D*Con in September this year. Very Happy All the way in Atlanta Georgia!!! *squeals* I'm so psyched, I can't even tell you.....*faints*....*dies* X_x I'm going with some friends who are more into the sci-fi show scene, so they won't all be into the same scene as I will be, but who cares???? I'm going to a Con!!! That means I'm most definitely going to meet some crazies like myself. ^_^ I hope to be caught up on all things I adore and love by D*Con so I can go with utmost confidence in my knowledge of anime. Smile

Do you like to draw anime as well? I'm an amateur artist and I prefer to draw realistically, but I used to draw a lot of anime styled drawings back when I was in high school. I don't draw as much as I used to anymore, I'm sad to say, but it's something I remember I loved doing. Smile
Back to top Go down
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:11 am

My mom is a Transformers nut as well! One time she had me put Optimus Prime on her phone saying, "Autobots, roll out!" whenever someone texted her! She's so cute! Your Dad sounds awesome!! My sister also likes darker anime. Nothing emo, but just more serious plots. I got her into Death Note and she loved it. Now, she's watching Fullmetal Alchemist when she comes from school. My friend in Iowa also loved FMA. I think everyone loves that one because it's an amazing balance between a lot of humor and a serious plot.

Has your sister seen or read Death Note? You should suggest it for her. It's a very good Cat and Mouse anime. Have you seen it?

I was lucky enough to find Brittany my first year at the university! At the time we were both Mass Communication majors (she just changed her major to Theater Design) but we had a class together and she saw my Death Note bag and it was friendship at first sight! I was so happy to find someone as obsessed as me! Brittany has tons of anime pictures on her iPod and she has like three Naruto T-shirts. She loves anime but is more of a manga reader.

Then in a frecnh class last year I met Sarah. Once again I brought my Death Note Bag to class and it caught her attention. Sarah is like my anime guru! She's seen way more than me and whenever I need a new one to watch I go to her.

You should hear Brittany and I talk about Bleach and Naruto lol! We are so serious about this stuff! We both have a Sociology class together and she had friends in there that I didn't know. She introduced me to Jasmine who loves anime too! And I met her friend Barbie who's into Bleach and Vampire Knight, so my circle of anime friends grows!

Brittany hasn't been into anime long so I try and give her new ones to get into, but again she's a manga reader. Jasmine was into anime and manga and fanfiction, but the way she got into Bleach was funny. She saw Grimmjow and loved him instantly! So she decided to go all the way back to the very beginning of the story just so she would know what was going on and how he came into it lol.

You get to go to a Con!?!?! I'm jealous!!!! They never have those close to me, although Atlanta is pretty close, I'm still broke. I watch the coverage on Comic Con every year and seeth with jealousy! You have to tell me all about it when you get back!!

I consider myself innocent, but not when it comes to anime lol. Nothing smutty though but nudity doesn't bother me as long as the anime is good. There was a little nudity in Claymore but the story was so awesome that I didn't care. And in Witchblade. I'm also good at handling blood. I think Claymore and Hellsing Ultimate are the bloodiest I've seen. And when people scoff at me and say anime is for kids I just want to sit them down and make them watch Hellsing and give them nightmares ~evil laugh~.

I read every kind of Inuyasha fanfiction in high school. I was crazy obsessive too. I would stya up to 3 in the morning reading fanfiction and then sleep for about 2 hours, get up and go to school like nothing was wrong. I guess as you get older you lose the ability to do that though because if I tried that now I would be dead on my feet lol! I did write a few fanfictions as well but they sucked hehe! I had good plots so I got a lot of good reviews, but my writing was terrible. I started at 16 I think?

It was only when I got closer to college that I got too busy to continue. I did draw in high school. I actually dung around and found my old sketch books last year and took pictures of my sucky drawings and put them on photobucket. I can post them if you want to see?

Ah yes, here's the Death Note bag. It's not big enough to hold all my books so I only carry it on some days.

Anime Shows 2uihvk8
Back to top Go down
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm such a goofball! I forgot to tell you that in the Movie Theater section of my site I posted some Miyazaki movies! You just go watch them there whenever you get a chance!
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 pm

I'm going to actually try and make this entry short and sweet since I'm on campus on a laptop and forgot to bring my cord along with me...sooo...my laptop is about to die. XD

There is an anime club that's on campus, and I get e-mails from them from the University e-mail, but the problem I have with the anime club is that they have assigned readings and I looked up all the manga and anime they had asked the members to keep up with, and I hated them all. So, that made me come to the conclusion that the officers of the club sucked ass. Who cares if the anime I love happens to be a really popular one. There's a reason it's popular. It was almost as if the club avoided all popular manga and anime and focused on the lesser known ones...which is kind of ok, but silly, all in all.

I'm sure there are those on campus who are just like me and I'd love to meet them and talk more about anime and manga, but the problem is...I'm too damn busy. XD With a full time schedule, demanding professors, and an almost full time work schedule, I'm lucky I have time to even WATCH Inuyasha and read my manga at all. During the summer time, I look forward to just working during the day and having night time to do whatever, but since I have to get a second job, I doubt that will happen now. Sad I'm not too worried though. I think this summer is going to be a blast simply because I'm going to make sure it is. Very Happy I hate sucky summers. XD

My lil sis has already beat you to the punch. She adores Death Note and has tried, more than once, to get me hooked. I watched one episode and ROFL-ed many times even though I didn't know what was going on. XD I want to get into it with her, but I have other manga and anime that have priority. Wink Razz

Oh, and as for FMA, I actually tried to get into that my Senior year in high school, but I ended up watching some episodes out of order, and got confused and put it on back burner for the time being. Same thing with Naruto...it's sad, I know, but it happens. *shrug* All of these I like and will get around to it, it's just, as I said before...busy busy busy. -_-

I've never had a problem with blood in anime. I watched all of Hellsing back when I was in high school and thought nothing of it. It's the smutty anime that use S&M with sex scenes in them that creep me the hell out. When I'm reading a cool manga that seems to be going along some lusty or lovey scenes and suddenly the next panel is them doing it...I like *click* *exit* *runs away* I'm not scared of it, I just don't want to see that crap. I'm not into porno, so I don't need to see it drawn out. Yuck. Nudity is ok with me too. I mean, I understand dramas like Inuyasha which have scenes showing boobs or butts or something that fits the situation and scene. I just don't want to see characters getting it on. I mean...really? It didn't happen in Breaking Dawn....and I'm glad it didn't because if it had, my respect for Meyer would have gone down. Waaaay down. That kind of stuff belongs in the Romance Novel section. XD

I'm a creative writing major, so I love to write stories. I do love to write little personal fanfictions for just myself, but the problem is, they will never be anything more than a fanfiction to share with fans...I'd like to get all of my works published one day and fanfics, just aren't published. Sad At least, not for New York Times Bestsellers list. Razz

You have some of the most awesome bags. I love it. Smile Where do you get your bags from?
Back to top Go down
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:42 pm

My laptop has a sucky battery life too! But I it anyway, and named it Dexter!

Anyway, I agree, anime porn is creepy...

I also can't watch any anime right now because of school. I'm too stressed out to enjoy and I hate it when that happens. That anime club sounds pretentious. Not bothering with an anime or manga just because it's popular? They sound ridiculous.

I got the Death Note bag from eBay and the Gaara bag from CircleRed. They have tons of anime merchandise and it's that best place to get bags. I first started wanting one back in high school when I saw a girl walking around with an Inuyasha bag and nearly tackled her lol. But by the time I could get one, the show was over and production on the bags had been discontinued. That meant that there are now a set number of them in world and other people got to them first.

I almost got my hands on one from eBay but it got lost in the mail and getting my refunded didn't even make me happy. So I turned to other anime bags, but I will always still want that Inuyasha bag that got away...

CircleRed Bags and Backpacks
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:18 pm

I have a Hot Topic here, and I've seen Inuyasha bags...and worst case, you can get a regular bag and buy some Inuyasha iron ons.... Trust me, I've thought this out because I too have always wanted an Inuyasha bag. XD

If I could, I would legally change my name to Kagome.
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Oh....you really shouldn't have shown me that site. -_- I'm going to be broke in two days flat. *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
WickedSmile

WickedSmile

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:53 pm

I know! I can stay on CircleRed for hours! Mommy got me a Naruto phone charm for Christmas from there and now I can't even use it since we got new phones and there's no place for it on an LG Rumor2. (hates new phone)

I would change my name to something anime too but luckily for me my name is already sort of Japanese. Even though I spell it differently, it's Nori which is the seaweed they roll sushi in! YAY!!! lol! My mom and I were watching food Network a few years ago when we heard Alton Brown say it. She looked over at me and said, "Aw, I'm so proud!" lmao!

I haven't been in Hot Topic in years! I never go to the mall because I'm always broke and it makes me mad to see things I can't buy. The last time I was there was seriously forever ago and I bought two Inuyasha keychains which I still have. One is a tiny figure of Inuyasha and the other is a picture of Sesshoumaru.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anime Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Shows   Anime Shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime Shows
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Lovely Waste of Space :: General Discussion :: TV Shows-
Jump to: