A Lovely Waste of Space
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....., )

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alice in Wonderland

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scissorsbeatpaper

scissorsbeatpaper

Alice in Wonderland Empty
PostSubject: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:19 pm

For those who've seen it:
How was it? Anything like you thought it'd be?
And, of course: JOHNNY DEPP? *cries*

Who haven't seen it:
Are you gonna see it? What do you expect it to be like?

I haven't seen it yet but it's been really hyped but I hear from some trustworthy movie-ers that the hype isn't misplaced.
I know the soundtrack is awesome because I'm listening to it now, cheers
Back to top Go down
LadyMinnyOfRaven
Admin
LadyMinnyOfRaven

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Even with all those bands that sound so un-alice like.
It was a great movie, it definatly lived up to expectation.
Back to top Go down
scissorsbeatpaper

scissorsbeatpaper

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:33 pm

LadyMinnyOfRaven wrote:
Even with all those bands that sound so un-alice like.
It was a great movie, it definatly lived up to expectation.

Yeah, that is weird. There are a lot of "current" bands in it.
But then there are instrumentals like "Vitality" which are amazing. Smile
Back to top Go down
LadyMinnyOfRaven
Admin
LadyMinnyOfRaven

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:35 pm

ahhhh ok, I saw the track listing and the first thing that came to my head was 'EW'. I'll have to go to a record store and listen to it then. I trust your judgement.

Here's proof that its a good movie for you: I forced Jeremy into going to it and he now wants to buy the DVD. LOL
Back to top Go down
scissorsbeatpaper

scissorsbeatpaper

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:40 pm

LadyMinnyOfRaven wrote:
ahhhh ok, I saw the track listing and the first thing that came to my head was 'EW'. I'll have to go to a record store and listen to it then. I trust your judgement.

Here's proof that its a good movie for you: I forced Jeremy into going to it and he now wants to buy the DVD. LOL

I just youtubed it and went for the most Alice-like sounding tracks, XD

LOL! That's great.
Back to top Go down
LadyMinnyOfRaven
Admin
LadyMinnyOfRaven

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:41 pm

I guess I could do that, but not today. 15 minutes till I have to get reay for work Sad
Back to top Go down
carcinoGeneticist

carcinoGeneticist

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Seeing it sometime over march break with a friend, looks pretty promising.
Back to top Go down
LadyMinnyOfRaven
Admin
LadyMinnyOfRaven

Aparently its beaten Avatar at the box office.
Back to top Go down
carcinoGeneticist

carcinoGeneticist

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Oh Gob I hope so. Also, why is this in the Twilight section again?
Back to top Go down
LadyMinnyOfRaven
Admin
LadyMinnyOfRaven

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Because Sara posted here and I haven't lent how to move thread (need to talk to Britt about that one).
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=486569&Gt1=28101 about Alice beating Avatar
Back to top Go down
scissorsbeatpaper

scissorsbeatpaper

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:13 pm

carcinoGeneticist wrote:

Oh. Embarassed I saw "Movies" and thought this would be the right place to put it.
But it's the Twilight section.

Minny, could you movie it to where it's supposed to be? Thanks. Razz
Back to top Go down
scissorsbeatpaper

scissorsbeatpaper

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:14 pm

LadyMinnyOfRaven wrote:
. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=486569&Gt1=28101 about Alice beating Avatar

Score. cheers
Back to top Go down
LadyMinnyOfRaven
Admin
LadyMinnyOfRaven

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:34 am

scissorsbeatpaper wrote:
carcinoGeneticist wrote:

Oh. Embarassed I saw "Movies" and thought this would be the right place to put it.
But it's the Twilight section.

Minny, could you movie it to where it's supposed to be? Thanks. Razz
Embarassed When I know how to, I've tried finding the admin planel but I cannot find it.
Back to top Go down
bloodiestkisses
Admin
bloodiestkisses

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:53 am

I'm seeing it at IMAX for my birthday. Smile

BECAUSE MATT WON"T TAKE ME TO SEE IT
I don't care if he's all the way in Mississauga(sp?), btw.
Back to top Go down
http://procrastinatorshaven.omgforum.net
LadyMinnyOfRaven
Admin
LadyMinnyOfRaven

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Oh the horror Shocked
Don't worry Twinnie, not to long to go.
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:48 pm

I loved loved loved loved the movie. The entire movie was effing amazing. I enjoyed the scenery, the set changes, the lighting, the focus, the costumes, the makeup, and the CGI was just right for the movie. It was definitely a Tim Burton film, but I really liked it. I laughed so hard when the hatter broke into his Scottish accent. I could just imagine Tim looking at Johnny and going "You thinking what I'm thinking? Here's how we're gonna do this..." and the two collaborate on the accent. XD Of course, I was the ONLY one in the theater laughing, but I usually am. Very Happy

Oh, and on a side note, I loved Avatar and I think it deserved to be number 1 for so long. XP
Back to top Go down
http://lonelyruler.tumblr.com/
scissorsbeatpaper

scissorsbeatpaper

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Eekaboo wrote:
I loved loved loved loved the movie. The entire movie was effing amazing. I enjoyed the scenery, the set changes, the lighting, the focus, the costumes, the makeup, and the CGI was just right for the movie. It was definitely a Tim Burton film, but I really liked it. I laughed so hard when the hatter broke into his Scottish accent. I could just imagine Tim looking at Johnny and going "You thinking what I'm thinking? Here's how we're gonna do this..." and the two collaborate on the accent. XD Of course, I was the ONLY one in the theater laughing, but I usually am. Very Happy

Oh, and on a side note, I loved Avatar and I think it deserved to be number 1 for so long. XP

ROFL. Erika, you kill me. XD Now I'm going to be the weirdo laughing in a silent theater, whether it'll be funny or not, just because I'll remember your post.

I thought Avatar was good too, but it's being heralded as a masterpiece... which *I* don't think is correct, since its strength was really only in its CGI effects (which were freaking amazing; I've never wanted a dragon more than after watching that movie). Just my opinion though, : )
Back to top Go down
LadyMinnyOfRaven
Admin
LadyMinnyOfRaven

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Avatar was amazing but the ending was predictable....

so anyone who hasn't seen it *SPOILERS!*

The moment the guy feel in love with the navi girl (forgot everyones names already), he had to become a navi fully somehow
The moment the humans attacked the navi, the navi would have to fight back and win for it to be an ok ending
Back to top Go down
bloodiestkisses
Admin
bloodiestkisses

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:20 am

LadyMinnyOfRaven wrote:

The moment the guy feel in love with the navi girl (forgot everyones names already), he had to become a navi fully somehow
The moment the humans attacked the navi, the navi would have to fight back and win for it to be an ok ending

Omg. There was the totally WIN picture on collegehumor.com. Lemme see if I can find it...

HERE IT IS

Alice in Wonderland Collegehumorf8c8e00339e0cdfce8afdf8
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:04 pm

LadyMinnyOfRaven wrote:

Well, now that I'm taking Drama in college and am having to study scripts, I know that predictable works and sells. If the ending had been anything different, the movie wouldn't have been such a success. I think it was just fine the way it was. Smile
Back to top Go down
bloodiestkisses
Admin
bloodiestkisses

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Eekaboo wrote:
LadyMinnyOfRaven wrote:

Well, now that I'm taking Drama in college and am having to study scripts, I know that predictable works and sells. If the ending had been anything different, the movie wouldn't have been such a success. I think it was just fine the way it was. Smile

Well, that's obvious. I wouldn't need to take a class to tell me that, lol.
But it sucks for those of us who would like something different from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

bloodiestkisses wrote:
But it sucks for those of us who would like something different from time to time.

Oh trust me, I wish I didn't have to take the damn class. Bores me to the very edge of death. -_- But, I had to apply it somewhere to make it seem as if I'm learning something. At least I have a few idiots in my class that ask the stupidest questions on earth and get snubbed by our professor. XD That makes my class almost halfway worth going to. Smile
Back to top Go down
bloodiestkisses
Admin
bloodiestkisses

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Eekaboo wrote:
bloodiestkisses wrote:

Oh trust me, I wish I didn't have to take the damn class. Bores me to the very edge of death. -_- But, I had to apply it somewhere to make it seem as if I'm learning something. At least I have a few idiots in my class that ask the stupidest questions on earth and get snubbed by our professor. XD That makes my class almost halfway worth going to. Smile

LOL. That makes any class worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Eekaboo

Eekaboo

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:28 pm

:O Are we online at the same time????
Back to top Go down
bloodiestkisses
Admin
bloodiestkisses

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:23 pm

:O
My stars. I think we are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland   Alice in Wonderland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice in Wonderland
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Lovely Waste of Space :: General Discussion :: Movies-